A collection of website links we hope you’ll find useful.
- About Australia — Information on Australia is arranged by category on a national and state by state basis and new information is added and updated regularly.
- Tamukami — A small quality hotel at Sanur on the island of Bali. Get to meet the locals in a truly Balinese style. Owned and operated by Eugeen De Geest, a past visitor to Macquarie Manor.
- Australia – History in Documents — An extensive on-line archive of documents related to the history of Australia through to the present day
- Allport Library and Museum of Fine Arts — One of the State Library of Tasmania’s Heritage Collections. The Allport family settled in Van Dieman’s Land in 1831 Henry Allport, a Hobart solicitor, died in 1965 and gave to the people of Tasmania his house in Sandy Bay and its contents, an extraordinary collection of 18th and 19th century furniture, colonial paintings, silver and objets d’art, fine china as well as a library of rare and antique books
- Port Arthur Historic Site — Step back 150 years to a time when Australia was in its youth; when convict labour forged roads and buildings with hammer – chisel and mattock; to a place called “hell on earth”
- Tasmanian Archives Office — Located nearby in Murray Street, the Archives office has extensive information on family history and staff are very helpful
- Tasmanian Museum & Art Gallery — A treasure trove of colonial history and art. This site is informative and includes extensive information about the works of Henry Hunter, the colonial architect who designed the Hotel
- Tasmanian Maritime Museum — Located next to the Tasmanian Museum and Art gallery in Argyle Street