Some of Tasmania’s annual or biennial festivals and events include:
- Ten Days on the Island — a unique biennial cultural festival
- Hobart Summer Festival — 12 days of events around historic Sullivans Cove
- Antarctic Midwinter Festival — celebrates the winter solstice
- Bloomin’ Tulips — celebrating the flush of spring colour
- Falls Festival — 2 days & nights of music and entertainment form local and international acts
- Royal Hobart Show — featuring agricultural produce, livestock, craft and displays
- Cygnet Folk Festival — Tasmania’s folk music event of the year
- Targa Tasmania — an exciting tarmac rally with competitive stages on closed roads throughout Tasmania
- Sydney to Hobart and Melbourne to Hobart yacht races — two icons of Australia’s summer sport
- The Australian Wooden Boats Festival — a biennial event celebrating our nation’s rich maritime culture and heritage
- Royal Hobart Regatta — three days of friendly competition between local sailors and members of the merchant navy
To discover what events are happening in and around Hobart visit the Tasmania South website or call into the Tasmanian Travel and Information Centre, phone: 03 6230 8233.
You can also check out the Tasmanian Events Calendar for a comprehensive listing of statewide events.